Tonymoly Petite Bunny Gloss Bars: #3 Juicy Apple + #4 Juicy Cherry (Swatch + Review)

yes...i got sucked into the cute packaging that is Tonymoly’s Petite Bunny Gloss Bars :3
Tony Moly is a korean cosmetics brand known to be easy on the wallet and the eyes! Their packaging are always so adorable but i’ve never tried any of their products until now. As you all probably know by now, i love bunnies so I simply couldn’t resist. 

These are tinted lip balms with a gloss finish. There were 6 colors available in the store (i have seen other colors online but they weren’t available yet), each with a different scent and different bunny expression c: 

I picked up the colors #3 Juicy Apple and #4 Juicy Cherry.
#3 Juicy Apple is a medium pink and #4 Juicy Cherry is deeper, leaning towards red, it’s the darkest shade in the bunch. Here they are swatched on my arm:
Honestly, my expectations weren’t very high so i was pleasantly surprised! They glide on easily and smoothly. It feels moisturizing but i wouldn’t say that it actually moisturizes. Still, it doesn’t dry out my lips at all c: The scent isn’t too overpowering or overly sweet, it’s pretty light. The color is pretty sheer with one swipe but it comes out pretty opaque after a few swipes. It’s convenient for on the go because it doesn’t really require a mirror and it looks natural and effortless. I like that it isn’t too sticky or glossy either. 
Here are some lip swatches, #3 Juicy Apple on the left and #4 Juicy Cherry on the right:
This is what #3 Juicy Apple looks like on c:
I definitely just bought this for its packaging, as a tinted lip balm, it really isn't anything special. There are so many tinted lip balms on the market right now and at the end of the day, my favorite is still Clinque's Chubby Sticks. 
I bought mine from the Tonymoly counter in Tsim Sha Tsui, HK for about $60 HKD each. They are available online at Sasa and i’ve seen them on eBay too (In fact this seller has a pretty sweet deal if you're interested). 

Have you tried these Petite Bunny Gloss Bars or any other Tonymoly products?

=('.')=

chloé

12 comments

  1. The packaging is so cute!!!! I have been debating whether or not I should get it for the longest time. The colour do look quite nice on the lips though...

    Liz
    chewylove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i debated for a while too...and gave in haha!

      Delete
  2. OMG they are so cute!! and the colors are nice too ;)
    and btw thank you for the link! I am now ordering some. lol :p
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're very welcome! can't wait to see what you get c:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Juicy Apple looks really pretty on and I love the brightness of Juicy Cherry. They look quite pigmented in your swatches :) The packaging of course is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they were definitely more pigmented than i expected c:

      Delete
  5. I bought these when I was in HK too! I still haven't used them (because like you, I bought them purely on the cute packaging lol), really surprised by how pigmented they are!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, just stumbled across your blog and I'm loving reading it. I am following now. AND you are absolutely gorgeous!
    - Keytax

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, the packaging is adorable! I love love the packaging from Tony Moly. They're always ever so creative and cute. The swatches of these lip products certainly look moisturising on the lips even though you mentioned they're not so much. Thanks for the review hun, might need to check these out. :D x

    http://winterlovemilktea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete