Clueless?

shirt: H&M, cardigan: mums, skirt: thrifted, shoes: Jeffrey Campbell
This year is the year of 21sts for me and most of my friends; this week alone i went to three of them. Each time i attend one, it gets me even more excited for my 21st but that's not until July ^^ I went to a 90s themed 21st on Friday night and it was such a good theme. It reminded me what a fun decade the 90s was for fashion - full of denim, knee high socks, high waisted pants, scrunchies, oversized sweaters, crop tops, plaid and daggy caps. Funny because a lot of these are coming back in fashion. 

Some of you might have already seen on instagram but I went as Cher from Clueless because i owned 'half her wardrobe', so my friends told me. I was really surprised because they were right LOL, i already had everything except her plaid skirt. I thought it would be difficult finding it but i was surprised at how easy it was to find a yellow plaid skirt when i went thrift shopping. I got super lucky because it was perfect and really cheap too :3 
This was the look i was channeling, excuse the horrible quality screencap:
Her oufit actually has an amazing matching plaid jacket but there was no way i'd find one for me so i just went without. I also went in a shirt instead of a t-shirt coz it was pretty chilly that night. I've fallen in love with my mum's cardigan, it's so soft and warm. I refuse to give it back.
I love dress up parties and i love that people get so into it at 21sts. I am having a joint 21st with my friend Mish and it's definitely going to be a dress up one! We really have to get onto planning the event and getting people to save the date :s That's all from me for now! c: Find me on instagram/twitter @chloe_e

Do you guys like dress up parties? Do you get into it?

=('.')=

chloé

16 comments

  1. That is so amazing you managed to find that yellow plaid skirt - it looks so much like the one she wore in the movie! I instantly thought of Clueless when I saw this outfit even before reading the caption on Instagram :) The 90s have become such a source of nostalgia now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes i got very luckily haha. i miss the 90s!

      Delete
  2. Oh wow, your look is pretty accurate! You look so cute in yellow! What a fun, cheery colour! xx
    exoddinary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awh really? that's so nice, i always thought i couldn't pull off yellow :3

      Delete
  3. Love it haha so adorable! I love the idea of themed dress up 21sts! Mine isn't until November and it's the first day of the exam period :( needless to say I haven't celebrated my birthday in years haha. I would love to do something this year though but after exams everyone goes overseas!!! We'll see... :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i love love love dress ups! so much fun! awhhh you should definitely do something for the big 21st this year! even if its late. one of my friends is planning her 21st 3 months after her actual birthday LOL!

      Delete
  4. This is such a cute costume- and definitely very suitable for a 90's theme! I would have expected it to be hard to find a yellow plaid skirt too so it's awesome how you actually found one easily!
    I love dress up partys.. they are so fun, especially when everybody gets really into it :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I know! i thought i'd have to settle for a different color one but i found one just like that :P

      Delete
  5. i just watched clueless yesterday, i thought i was the only one who got super insipired to dress like that, cute outfit though c:

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so cute in this outfit!!! The yellow plaid skirt fits you so nicely~ I love dress up parties. The whole process of coming up with the outfit and getting ready is such a joy.

    Liz
    www.lizchewy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks sweetie! this is the only plaid thing i own and i kind of like it? getting ready is so much fun no matter what the occasion is :P

      Delete
  7. That outfit is so cute! I do the same if I like something of my mum's she does not get it back!

    Hunny
    hunny-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete