February Favourites

I didn't do a very good job of posting regularly in February, I feel like this month has gone by so quickly and just like that we're in the 3rd month of 2016. It's really scary how fast time passes.
This month was a happy month of reunions for me. Our huge group of family friends were all reunited for Chinese New Year after one of the families that have been living overseas moved back to Melbourne. We also had other family friends from Hong Kong visiting. The last time we were all together was back in 2005. Now, 10 years later, there are a few more little munchkins.
I fomo'd a little about not seeing Sufjan Stevens in Feb but that's alright because I went to a few other music events instead, which were all so much fun. I saw Flosstradamus and A$AP Rocky, and I went to Laneway Music Festival. A huge highlight was definitely seeing Grimes live, that girl is so fucking cool! I have no other way to describe her, I wish I saw her sideshow.
After recapping, I can see why this month flew by... so now let's talk favourites!



There seems to be a bit of a colour theme here but it was completely unintentional. I do love pink though so that clearly shows. A couple of fashion favourites for the month of February, starting off with this pastel pink UNIF Lenny Top. UNIF is one of my favourite brands and ASOS just started stocking them. I bought this in the States and I love it so much. I wore it to Flosstradamus and Laneway. I actually took some outfit photos featuring this top that I forgot to post (silly me), so I'll be sure to share that.
I've been living in this Anti-Social Social Club cap because it's been so sunny and I hate tanning my face. I love how it can instantly add a bit of edge and masculinity to an otherwise girly outfit. I feel so lucky to have snatched this up because anything this brand releases sells out instantly.
I was really sad when I used up my solid brush cleaner mentioned in my last favourites, but even more sad when I realised that they didn't stock it at Sephora Australia (unless you bought it WITH the Beauty Blender in a set which I wasn't going to do). They didn't even have the Sephora version which I was dying to try. So I bought the Daiso Detergent for Puff and Sponge and it exceeded all expectations! This does an incredible job of cleaning my RT Miracle Complexion Sponge, and so quickly too. After dampening the sponge, rubbing a bit of the detergent into it and repeatedly squeezing it out, the water runs completely clear in a matter of seconds, leaving my sponge so freaking clean.
I was really good with regularly cleaning my brushes this month and I have to thank the Brush Egg, which I bought off of Ebay for $1.50, for that. I was really interested in the Sigma Brush Cleaning Mat and the Real Techniques Brush Cleansing Palette but didn't want fork out that much money so I bought this one to try out first. I have to say, I don't see myself upgrading anytime soon because this does the job perfectly fine. The silicon egg has 2 textures, horizontal grooves and small round knobs which make foaming and lathering a breeze. Cleaning brushes have never been quicker or easier. After using this, I'm not sure why you would need a brush cleansing tool that's any bigger when you'll most likely only be washing 1-2 brushes at a time. Best $1.50 I've ever spent, I just keep this by the sink to remind myself to give any used brushes a wash when I have a few seconds to spare.
In the last week of February, I had a monstrous pimple coming up from below the surface. I haven't had a pimple like that for years, I don't usually use pimple treatments unless its really bad, usually I just let it run its course. This one, I couldn't ignore. It was the kind that screamed PAIN when you so much as touch the skin around it. As it was right above my left eyebrow, it hurt every time I raised my eyebrows. I couldn't use my normal Mario Badescu Drying Lotion because it hadn't grown out so technically there was nothing to dry out. I had a sample of the Paula's Choice Resist Vitamin C Spot Treatment so I gave it a go and it was a lifesaver! It stung a little the very first time I used it but within a couple of applications, it soothed any inflammation, reduced the lump I could feel brewing under my skin dramatically and the pimple never resulted. This stuff is not cheap though, I'm not sure I would buy it at its retail price. I'm really glad Marie Claire included this in its summer edit of the Parcel, I think it will last me a while.
The Too Faced Bon Bon Palette is a cheeky favourite that I've snuck in as I've only had it for a few days but I had to include it seeing as I've waited so long for this. I missed out on buying this in the US because it came out on the last day I was there and it was only an online release. So I was a little sulky having to wait a couple of extra months to buy it but now it's finally mine!
Last but not least, is the adorable pot plant that my mum put together for me. It's so cute and I love that my mum made it, she even put a little bunny in there because I love bunnies. It now resides on my bedside table.

I thought my favourites were kind of short this time round but as always, I seem to have a lot to say. 
I've used up many products and samples in the last month so I'm excited to finally share my first quarterly empties soon. Rolling into March, I am officially declaring a spending ban. I do have a new in/haul post coming up though as I acquired a few new things in February from friends and family.

Hope you all had a fantastic month!

chloé

No comments