I've Got Mail: Nail Polish Haul from Transdesign (Review)

I did a massive nail polish order with some of my ladies at the beginning of last month and I'm only just getting around to posting on my haul! I order my nail polishes from Transdesign and this is my 4th time ordering from them. They carry a range of nail polish brands (OPI, Essie, Orly, China Glaze, CND, Color Club, Misa and more) and also nail treatments. 
I'm going to try and explain the most important things when ordering off this website and hopefully it helps if you wish to order from them because honestly, they offer the biggest range at the cheapest prices i've come across online (OPI $6.80, Essie $5.95, China Glaze $2.99, Orly $5, Seche Vite $4.50).
This time i placed an order for 42 bottles in a Medium Flat Rate Box. In the past i've done 2 Small Flat Rate Box orders and 1 Medium one, this is my second Medium order. 

So first of all, the OPI page used to be directly linked from the main nail polishes page with all the other brands however, i think they had some issues with OPI and they've taken the link down however the page still exists and they still stock all the current and old collections! To find the page, simply google "Transdesign OPI" Or you can click here c: and you'll be taken to the page where you can continue shopping and adding things to your cart.
Transdesign offers 3 shipping methods: Flat Rate, Priority and Express Mail. The latter 2 are quite expensive so i usually go with the first one. They offer 3 Flat Rate options depending on the size of your order:
Small Flat Rate Box (up to 9 bottles) $23
Medium Flat Rate Box (up to 42 bottles) - $68
Large Flat Rate Box (up to 65 bottles) - $83

- but you have to request it in the comment box and get them to manually change it for you as these flat rates are not an option when you check out your cart. This was taken from their policies page: 

Apply to Small, Medium, and Large Flat Rate Box Shipping Type - for Paypal Customers:
There will be $4.00 fees if you continue to pay by Paypal when you already have been inform by E-mail that either you correct the amount and pay, or submit the order and wait for us to make a money request through paypal. If you keep on submitting the order and pay the total amount in cart, we will charge you.

While i've never had a problem with them in the past, this time, one of the nail polishes was missing. I emailed them about it and they replied quite curtly simply saying they already refunded the cost of the nail polish. 
I wish they had just send me the missing item because it was one of my friend's nail polishes and it's disappointing when you order something and don't get it. And now she's either going to have to buy it elsewhere or do another order with them to get what she originally paid for. Not to mention, i divided the shipping cost ($68) by each individual bottle (42 bottles) and this messed up my calculations (as we only got 41 bottles). I don't mind paying an extra dollar or two, its just frustrating and i wish they were a little more polite about the situation. 
Honestly though, doing such a big order was such a pain this time and i think in the future i will just stick to 9 bottle orders even if it costs a bit more. 
But otherwise, they've been fine each time i've ordered with them. Quick service, and everything is packaged safely. It arrived in a box like this filled with styrofoam:
This was my haul, i picked up 9 bottles + 2 Bottles of Seche Vite. Some really great colors for Spring! Swatches will come soon c:  

 I hope that answered some of your questions c: 
Have you ever ordered from Transdesign/Where do you order your nail polishes online?

=('.')= 

chloé

22 comments

  1. I'm from Sydney so I get mine at a nail store in bankstown. essie is $6, china glaze $5/6 and OPI is $10 but they increased to $12 now I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh those prices are pretty decent! i've accidentally stumbled across $6 essie and $10 china glaze/OPIs like once or twice in melbourne, its never constant and the color range isn't that big tho!

      Delete
  2. great haul!! *envy*
    I love OPI and Essie nail polishes, they are the best!! and thanks for the link, I'm browsing it now ;p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes i never used to like essie coz their old formula was horrendous but i couldn't resist all the beautiful pastels! i sometimes wish their brushes were wider tho.

      Delete
  3. Wah, amazing nail polish haul! What a helpful and detailed post~ Thanks for sharing Chloe! I shall remember this when I'm on the search for more nail polishes. :) Been meaning to purchase some China Glaze ones and more Essie nail polishes but they are always so expensive here in Perth, and can't seem to find any decent price listings online, other than ebay, haha. I shall wait eagerly for your swatches. ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this site definitely has the best china glaze and essie prices i've ever seen. even in the states, essie retails for $8! happy browsing c:

      Delete
  4. :O these prices are amazing! The shipping is super expensive but I think it balances out in the end (maybe). Thanks so much for the post and I'm definitely checking out the link now woo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeh i never do an entire shipment for myself anyway so the shipping cost is always split. if i do the small flat rate box, it works out to be an extra $2 per bottle, and for the next size up, it's about an extra $1.60 per bottle so not too bad c:

      Delete
  5. Thanks for sharing that, now I'm going to go get me some nail polishes LOL! Great selection, looking forward to your swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you've bought so many beautiful shades!

    from helen at www.thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

    ps. enter my giveaway (click one page back) to win a MAC lipstick and 5 models own polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for doing this post!! Nail polishes are so overpriced where I live so it's good to know alternative outlets to get them. The customer service of this website sounds horrible though. I always hate it when companies are rude to its customers.

    Liz
    chewylove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeh its such a shame because i've never had any problems in the past! still the cheapest place i've found to get my nail polish fix

      Delete
  8. Thanks for sharing about Transdesign!! I ordered off them about 2 years ago and they didn't have OPI! I'm so excited they restocked it!! Because I read somewhere that they did have OPI, then took it off the website for some reason but it doesn't matter because now it's back WOOO!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow! I'm so jealous of your haul! So many great colours to try out. ^_^
    Thanks for such a detailed post, I'll definitely be making a purchase from there soon now I think. ;)

    - Bianka
    http://ahoydeer.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the resource! Those prices are really terrific.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. definitely the best i've come across! and all in the one place!

      Delete
  11. OMG thats sooo many nail polishes <3
    the postage per bottle is way cheaper than ordering from ebay as your order was massive >_<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeh i think its well worth it! especially when you do a group order!

      Delete
  12. Hi Chloe, I have been trying to order from transdesign OPI polishes but don't have any access or links on the website. Can you please help and send me the OPI page link.

    Thanks a million.

    ReplyDelete